Download and try the Walk@Work app “Measurement-Only”:
- You will be able to measure the time you spend sitting, moving, walking and standing every day at work, in real time. Note the following:
- The application uses a small sensor Metawear-C, attached to an elastic band, in the mid-front part of the thigh.
- To ensure objectivity, reliability and sensitivity of the metrics, you should wear the sensor inside the elastic band during working hours as well as transportation time going to and back from work, only during one usual working week.
- While you are taking metrics and during working hours, the sensor must be with you at all times. The mobile device should remain to a maximum distance of 10-15 metres from the sensor.
- The Measurement-Only version of the app does not include access to the website, personalized aims, strategies or custom feedback. The main purpose is to identify your sedentary behaviour patterns at work objectively without intending to modify it.
- If you wish (optional), we can provide a report that describes the occupational sedentary behaviour patterns of the company as well as how it affects work productivity.
For 13 weeks, a website and a mobile app will help you be more active while doing your job.
- You will find out, objectively and reliably, the time you spend sitting, moving, walking and standing as well as how long you stay seated without getting up at work, in real time.
- You will have access to a number of strategies that will give you ideas for sitting less and moving more at work in a progressive and sustainable way.
- You will receive personalised feedback on your progress using graphics based on automatic uploads of application data.
- You can get in touch with other participants to share experiences and goals you have met.
During your workday, wear the sensor inside the elastic band on the mid-front part of the tight only during working hours as well as transportation time going to and back from work (13 weeks):
- This location of the sensor will properly detect your posture while working (whether you are sitting, standing or moving) and measure the time you spend in each position in real-time.
- It allows optimum operation of the program since its multiple functions are based on the correct measurements of the application (e.g., beeping every hour that goes by which you do not get up from the chair).
- By wearing the sensor with you during working hours and keeping the mobile to a maximum distance of 10-15 metres from the sensor, you will be able to view the app metrics in real-time and check the program website while you read or write messages
and make phone calls.
- Every day you will get a message on the app showing the daily activity recorded and explaining your progress throughout the program. You will notice the change in your lifestyle at work.