Cookies are files which some platforms, such as websites, may install in the User terminal. They may involve a variety of functions: store your browsing preferences, collect statistical information, allow certain technical functions, etc. Sometimes the cookies are used to store basic information on the browsing habits of the User or their unit.
The use of the portal by the Users supposes the use of the following cookies:
- Analysis cookies: These are those which, treated either by us or by others, allow us to quantify the number of users and to measure and make a statistical analysis of the use that users make of the service on offer. Their browsing is therefore analysed on our website in order to improve the offer of products or services we offer.
- Publicity cookies: These are those which, treated either by us or by others, allow us to most effectively manage the offer of advertising spaces on the web page and to adapt the content of the announcement to the content of the requested service or the use made of our web page. We can therefore analyse your Internet browsing habits and show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
- Cookies for improving output: These are those which, treated either by us or by others, allow us to keep your preferences for certain tools or services so that you do not have to reconfigure them every time you visit our portal, and in some cases, these may be provided by third parties.
- Geolocation cookies: These are those which, treated either by us or by others, try to geographically locate the place of the User terminal in order to completely anonymously offer you more suitable content and services.
- Registry cookies: These are those which, treated either by us or by others, identify registered Users and indicate when you have been identified in the portal. These cookies are used to identify the User account and their associated services. These cookies are maintained as long as the User maintains the account, does not close the browser or turn off the device. These cookies may be used in combination with analytical data to individually identify the User preferences in our portal.
Users may allow, block or delete the cookies installed in their terminal by configuring the browser options.
- For further information on Internet Explorer press Internet Explorer
- For further information on Firefox press Firefox
- For further information on Chrome press Chrome
- For further information on Safari press Safari
You can find more information on cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu.
For any information on the cookies policy, the User may contact the UVic-UCC at the address given in the Legal Notice and/or in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.